The OFSP is another support-based program designed by Alkhidmat Foundation Pakistan for the orphan children of underprivileged background. Under this program, the orphan children selected for provision of support continue to live with their mothers or any other guardians in the case of death of both parents. While this program provides necessary financial support for educational and everyday finances for the orphan children aged 16 or below, the Orphan Family Support Program ensures comprehensive mental, social and moral growth of the sponsored children through a comprehensive multi-module framework.
Sponsored Orphans under OFSP
This financial support includes school fees and an allowance on a quarterly basis along with regular provision of an educational kit which includes school bag, curriculum books, stationery, seasonal uniforms and shoes. Additionally, Child Character Development Program has also been designed for moral and social growth of the sponsored children.
For selection of the orphan children to be sponsored under the OFSP, Alkhidmat Foundation Pakistan relies on the network of its volunteers which is effectively operational in all 135 districts of Pakistan. These volunteers identify potential candidates and refer them to our Family Support Organizers (FSOs). The FSOs assess all the referred children through personal visits and other means to prepare their cases along with required additional documentation to forward them to regional offices for further verification. The regional offices verify the authenticity of provided documents and assess the cases on need-based criteria through a local team of volunteers and the community members. Later on, all the forwarded cases are discussed individually and approved for database entry where they are offered to the donors for funding.
Facilities For OFSP Children
- Direct transfer of amount in the bank account of orphan’s mother to help her bear the sustenance expenditure of her orphan child.
- Alkhidmat keeps a complete track of his/her educational progress of a sponsored child through appointed cluster incharge.
- Routine physical health screening of the child and mother is ensured. If a child is diagnosed for some medical treatment, OFSP arranges for the treatment as well.
- For a moral upbringing of the children and their mothers, Study Centers have been established where children and their mothers visit regularly.
- Alkhidmat provides interest-free loans to the mothers of orphan children to help them become self-reliant members of the society. For this purpose, mothers are given cattle, sewing machine or sometimes they are given loan to start their own business.